Monday, September 15, 2014

A Peek into My Class...The First Weeks Back From My Maternity Leave

No, I didn't forget about you guys and my little ol' blog over here. I just didn't quite anticipate how much more juggling there would be with 2 kids and going back to work. Add in an entire new focus on working out and getting fit (I'm talking 7 days a week) and there just isn't enough time in the day!

I have some pictures of my class to share and I promise to try and be back more regularly to share....
Fingers crossed.


The start of our lesson on "Just-Right" books...notice that the t-shirts are all different sizes. 


Finished posters to be posted soon!



Our carpet and Morning Math Meeting area. 


Class library


Bulletin boards
 (I love that I painted them black!)


More carpet area


View of the room from the back corner. 


Our first Math Huddle....success!
We focused on math talk and didn't worry too much about the actual math being done (good thing...) and it went super well.
We've done a second one since that I want to post about soon. 


Close up of the Math Huddle board. 



Anchor created during the Math Huddle...notice where it says "kids loving math"?
Totally their input.
Love it.


Turn a card behaviour system used school-wide. 


Small group meeting area...under construction as well are still getting our routines in place.


View of the whole room. 


And that's where the magic happens folks!

I have promised myself that I will set time aside for blogging...and I will do it.

If I don't- can you all drop me a line and yell at me?
Thanks!

1 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your black bulletin boards! :)

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover