Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Meet the Co-Hosts- An Apple for the Teacher*

Today's co-host feature is all about Kelly from An Apple for the Teacher.

(By the way, I'm loving these apple-inspired blog names!)

An Apple for the Teacher




Beth: First and most important, coffee or tea?

Kelly: Tea absolutely! I am addicted to Starbuck's Chai Lattes!

Beth: Where is the world are you?

Kelly: I am in a small rural town outside of Reno called, Fernley, NV.

Beth: What grades and subjects do you teach?

Kelly: I teach 4th grade. We are not departmentalized, so I do it all!

Beth: Tell us a bit about your blog.

Kelly: My blog is An Apple for the Teacher which started as a way to document my transition from a 7th grade math teacher to an elementary third grade teacher. I then rolled up with my class to become a 4th grade teacher. I just got the word that I will be staying in 4th grade next year! Woo hoo for not having to change grades! I share ideas that I use in my classroom. I am interested in hands on activities, differentiation, whole brain teaching, and balanced literacy. I am still a bit of a math nerd as well!

Beth: Tell us three interesting things about yourself.

Kelly: 1. I have 6 boys. Yes 6. Yes all boys. And yes we know what causes that!

2. I currently serve on the Fernley City Council, but after two terms, I am ready to hang my hat up and no longer be in politics. My final term ends in November and I can't wait to have more free time!

3. I am tiny, like really short - 4'11 to be exact. Many of my students are taller than me and they LOVE it!

Beth: This summer I really want to...

Kelly: Revamp my classroom, spend time with the family, go on a few trips, learn some more in PD classes, create some more TpT products, blog, ... I'm beginning to think summer is WAY too short!

Beth: Why did you want to be a co-host for the 100 Minutes Book Study?

Kelly: Our school is switching to a Balanced Literacy program, and it seemed to fit well with what we will be doing. I also enjoy sharing PD books with my fellow bloggers! They really are the best PLC/PLN in the world!

I'd love for you to check Kelly's TPT store, and specifically her Persuasive Writing Unit Third Grade Common Core product!


An Apple for the Teacher

0 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover