Monday, November 11, 2013

Please Remember.

Remembrance Day... as we call it here in Canada is one of my favourite teaching moments of the year and being home on mat leave this year means I missed out on talking about this special day with my students.

I hope you were able to take some time day, or in the days leading up to today to talk with your students, read a special book, watch a video and attend a ceremony/assembly.

Of all the teaching we do, today's is some of the most important. 

Here's an example of what one school in my community did to make the learning more meaningful.

If you go to The Star website there is also a great video to go with the article. 





2 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Barton's Buzz said...

Thanks for sharing this great story, Beth! We had a very special assembly at our school just down the road from you.
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Jodi said...

Such an interesting article and an interesting way to remember. I teach grade one and am always pleased/proud that my students take our Remembrance Day assembly seriously and are respectful. You are right, this is a very important day and teaching our young ones what it means is special.

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover