Monday, July 29, 2013

Must Have Mondays- Water Bottle Edition

Hello all! I am back from my wonderful two weeks at the cottage which means I can start to catch up on the Building Mathematical Comprehension Bookstudy...I am dreadfully behind! I can post more frequently! I can make more freebies! And I can read more of your blogs!

All good stuff.

I am jumping in with Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang this week and her Must Have Monday linky party. 


One of my must haves for school is a good water bottle. I drink A LOT of water during the day so I need one that can stand up to that and won't empty too fast. On the other hand I don't want it to be so heavy that I can even lift it either. This past school year I was in a portable, which means I had access to water only during my prep periods or recess. If I had been in the building, I would have had water in my room. Sigh.

There are a few things I have come to realize that I don't like in a water bottle ...

1. I refuse to drink out of a plastic, throwaway bottle. They cause way too much damage to the world. Reusable only, and if I forget mine then it's a mug or glass for me.

2. I don't like having to unscrew the lid to drink. I know it takes very little effort but I want to drink with one hand. So that means these types don't work for me, but they might work for you. 

Photo via Amazon

Photo via Amazon

3. I don't like drinking out of metal bottles. I think I can taste the metal, but maybe I'm crazy? I do like the sleek look of the above bottles and it seems like they wouldn't leak all over my bag.

Photo via Amazon

4. No spouts please! You could drink this with one hand but I hate feeling like I am always in the middle of a soccer game.


Photo via Amazon

Okay, so what do I like?

I like to be able to drink with one hand. I want a bottle that doesn't leak all over my bag. No metal.

My water bottle of choice is.... a Contigo Autoseal bottle.
They come in a wide variety of colours and options.

Insulated- double wall 18 ounces

24 ounces- my personal choice!

They even have them in kids!
All Contigo photos via Amazon.

I will drink 3 full 24 oz Contigos of water a day while I am at school. I love that I can grab it with one hand, unseal the spout and drink away. I can throw it in my bag, or if you get the one with the attached carabiner it'll clip to your bag and it'll never spill or leak.

They even make coffee cups!

Photo via Amazon
(Yes, I know it's metal...somehow a metal cup for my coffee doesn't bother me the way it does for water! I weird. I've learned to live with it)

I purchased my Contigo cups all at Costco where they usually come in a variety pack (2-3 cups/bottles) for a very good price. And a wide range of colours. They are also available on Amazon...just click on the pictures of above.

Should any of the other water bottles pictured interest you, click on those pictures to connect to Amazon as well.

What's your Must Have??






2 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Sabra said...

Haha you are too cute! I never thought of all the aspects of a water bottle but as I was reading I was thinking, "Oh yea, that's true!" and "I feel the same way!" Thanks for linking up girl and welcome back!

Sabra
Teaching with a Touch of Twang

Debbie Jacobson said...

I agree-I am a big water drinker too. I spent a lot of money on a Kleen k=Kanteen which is very highly recommended, but I swear I could taste the metal, so I don't think you're crazy at all. I bought BPA free plastic bottles very similar to yours but different brand.I am in love!
Debbie
debjac9@aol.com

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover