Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Sleigh Full of Goodies- Day 9

My post is late today, I apologize. After my first 5k race yesterday and then a fabulous bachelorette party for a fellow teacher last night, today was a day of recuperation!

Here's some pics from my first ever 5K run.



Waiting in the car before the race...trying to stay warm! It was raining like crazy and we didn't want to get too wet.


At the start line in all our Santa gear!



The view around me...over 3000 Santas all running together.

Crossing the finish line...soaked, cold AND hot, tired,...but I did it. For those of you who are also runners, my time was 37.52 minutes. Not great but not too bad for my first time!




Today's goodies are available over at teaching, life and everything in between
 
teaching, life, and everything in between
Jen has such a cute blog and a wonderful offering of reading activities for you today! 

4 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

jen said...

Congrats on your first 5K Beth! Hopefully one day I'll attempt a 5K--I'm not much of a runner, but the thought of it sounds nice :)

--jen

The Colorful Apple said...

Nice job with your first 5K! I'm not a runner, so the fact that you finished is amazing to me!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Shannon said...

Your time was GREAT! Mine was 39:52 on my 1st 5k! :)

I ran my 1st 10k yesterday and running my 1st half in February. I started running this past January and love it!! :)

You rock!

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Barbara said...

For your first five k in a Santa suit, that's an awesome time!! Well done.

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover