Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Book Whisperer Question and Answer

Post your questions for Donalyn Miller, the author of The Book Whisperer, in the comment section below.


Come on now...don't be shy!!!

1 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Nicole said...

First of all, THANK YOU Donalyn for sharing your secrets with us! This book has been invaluable!

I am a home educator to a 9th grader and 2nd grader. So many of your philosophies and tips have changed the way I will approach reading with my students this year.

I have just a couple of questions:

(1) Obviously getting peer book recommendations is limited in our circumstance, and my kids have a difficult time selecting books. I have looked at book lists but feel like I am drowning! Do you have a GREAT tried-and-true book recommendation list that would be helpful to my 9th grade son? My 2nd grade daughter pretty much just goes to the library and grabs what looks good to her. But my son has loads of trouble and abandons more books than he reads.

(2) Any other suggestions for us homeschool teachers? I just want my kids to be avid readers. Many of the methods used by traditional schools are not used in homeschool settings, so any other general suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, again, for this book!

Nicole Taulman
Teacher to Dawson and Brynne

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover